October 01, 2010

Ceiling Fans at Homedec 2010

When I first set my eyes on this fan the first thought that came into my mind was "It's my dream fan!" It's called the Haiku Kotuku ceiling fan - newly launched in Malaysia and making its debut at Homedec 2010. Priced at RM1250 each, it's pretty steep.... but it's design and outstanding features make it a good buy. I paid up RM200 deposit to book 2 units of the fan. Current special promotion price at Homedec is RM995 each. The Kotuku fan is only 6kg in weight with an award-winning design. Only 3 fan blades at 60" in length. Only available color is white. Comes with timer and sleep mode. 7 different fan speeds, the lowest speed only uses 4W of energy while the highest, 30W. This is very energy-efficient compared to other fans. I intend to place both my Haiku fans in the living and dining area. Delivery and installation are inclusive.

For my master bedroom, I've purchased a ceiling fan from Alpha, at a special promotion price of RM224. Only 3 blades and length is 56".  No timer/lights on fan. Quite a basic model.

For both the other bedrooms, I purchased 2 smaller fans for RM297 each. More expensive as there are more blades but they are shorter, 40" in length. It's sufficient as the bedrooms are only medium size. No timer for this model. All fans in white - to match my minimalist home decor. Installation and delivery inclusive, plus received 3 free golf umbrellas and a notebook. Took part in the Homedec contest again and hoping to win something!

10 comments:

  1. Hi. Are your alpha brand fan still doing well?
    have been using Elmark but would like to buy Alpha. Like to understand the reliability of the fan.. Thanks, melissa

    jteh_mchan@yahoo.com.sg

    ReplyDelete
  2. so far, only 1 fan of the 2 fans had a problem - but it was fixed promptly by the technician. Otherwise, nothing serious and i am very happy with my purchase

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi is your "Kotuku" fan working well? the design really looks good. Is it noise and worth to buy?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes - they both are working well. It's not noisy at all and very worth the money.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi I am keen to get this Kaiku Kottuku fan in KL. Any tel or website i can go to to contact them? Thanks very much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also bought a Haiku Fan priced rm1000 (inclusive installation) last time. But the price has increased to RM2400! (not including installation RM75).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi I'm really interested with the 40" fan that you have buy for the bedroom.. where did you buy it?...

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's from Alpha. You can purchase at most major electrical shops

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!