March 13, 2011

Bosch Dishwasher Review


Here's how the Bosch SMS50E12EU Free standing dishwasher looks like under the kitchen countertop. My kitchen designer removed the top cover of the dishwasher so that it could fit under the counter and appear integrated.


Very easy to use. Just load all the dishes into the pull-out baskets.There's also a cutlery basket not shown in the photo. I removed it to make space for the other bulkier items.

Fill the rinse-aid compartment on the left and the detergent compartment on the right. Recommended powder detergent is Finish. The dishwasher comes with 2 free tablet detergents which can be used in the detergent compartment as well. Refill the rinse-aid whenever the indicator lights blink. But for the detergent, refill for each wash cycle  and the quantity according to load.


Once everything is loaded, close the door and just turn the dial to select the preferred program function. I usually use the 'lightly-soiled' function which washes at 45 degrees celcius. It washes very well and the dishes come out squeaky clean, dry and warm. The intensive load (washes at 70 degrees celcius) works very well with dirty pots and pans. Everything came out beautifully clean! Other functions include the eco function which saves water and electricity. The auto function allows a sensor to select the best cleaning mode for the items in the dishwasher.

Half-load function is good for washing a small amount of dishes. Vario-speed cuts down the washing time into half. These optional choices on the right hand side of the control panel can be selected once the main program is selected.

Am very impressed with my dishwasher although I initially had some wiring problems with it. The model came with a 2-pin plug which needed to be changed to a 3-pin plug.  I didn't know that so I was happily using an adapter. My wireman said it was dangerous to do so as sparking occurs around the adapter. So my wireman changed the plug for me and I also checked with the technician from Bosch. However with the change of plug, my entire condo unit's power kept on tripping as soon as the dishwasher was switched on. The Bosch technician, Mr. Tan came to check and said the fusebox should be re-set to a higher level as it was too sensitive. Once the necessary change was made, the dishwasher was functional again.

11 comments:

  1. Hi,

    May I know how much does it cost (I mean the price)? Is it hard to find detergent for the dish washer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problems finding the detergent - available at major hypermarkets within the klang valley - price about RM33.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, may I know Wat is the height of ur kitchen top in total? I heard that standard size is around 850mm. The height of the kitchen top is 70mm. After remove the dish washer top, it is 820mm. So 820mm+70mm=890mm which is higher than standard height. How do u manage to solve it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. height of kitchen top is 855mm. from ground to below countertop where the dishwasher sits is 825mm. the thickness of the kitchen top is about 30mm. so,got no prob with height of dishwasher which is 820mm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for ur quick reply. I will do concrete top with tiles, so the height will be 70mm. Can u also measure for me the width of the dish washer after open the door. I am thinking of putting it at a place with 4.5feet width. Wonder could it fit after the door open

    By the way, did u survey the ceramic hob (4 cooker type) with touch screen control pannel from Bosch? How much is it and what is ur comment?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The length of the dishwasher door when opened is 62cm. Have not surveyed Bosch hob but am sure it will be of good quality.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, would like to ask again. Is it possible to lower the dishwasher height more. As I know, there is a adjustable leg on the bottom. Did u adjust it to the lowest to get 820mm or it can be lower?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there,

    what is price of dishwasher pls? Tq.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A good post. Almost 1 year already, what is your opinion on the dishwasher?
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  10. Still working as good. No regrets buying a dishwasher. I use it almost everyday. Sometimes up to 3 times a day when I do a lot of cooking or baking. I would highly recommend it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the feedback (my post on 17/2). Thinking of buying one ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!