October 15, 2010

My Kitchen - finalised

Finally..... I've just confirmed my kitchen lay-out plan and design by Kuchenmatic. The kitchen is not divided into wet or dry. It's just THE kitchen and I plan to install some low height kitchen cabinets at the Yard so that I can use the free-standing wok base induction cooker and  'process' (iron/fold) the laundry there. It's just 7ft in length.

Finalised lay-out shown above with drawn by me! Getting aluminium handles as advised so that it won't tarnish. Price for all handles came just a little short of RM600! The pantry is first on the left and it's is just one tall unit but the drawing shows there's 2 units.... it's just a door front. Inside, there are shelves and also 3 Blum tandembox pull out drawers which costs RM350 each. RM180 for the door mechanism that lifts up to reveal the microwave combination oven. The roller shutter to house appliances costs RM1250. The pull-out spice rack costs RM195. Inside the black hi-gloss doors cabinet is the stainless steel wire pull-out baskets for pots and pans... total price for 2 baskets = RM490. There's another pull-out accessory in the right-most cabinet which costs RM320.


I initially opted for aluminium frosted glass doors for the wall cabinets but changed my mind. Decided to cut cost by opting for just normal doors. Aluminium foils placed at the base of the cabinets under the sinks cost RM65 each. The foils prevent water damage to the cabinets. I have a double bowl sink with rubbish bin and another smaller round sink. The taps are from Orion - complimentary from the developer.

All cabinets come standard with Blum door hinges. For Blum's Clip soft close mechanism, it costs RM20 per door. As for the drawers, I chose Grass soft close mechanism which is cheaper than Blum's. Only RM450 per set of 3 drawers. I have 3 sets of drawers for the entire kitchen. As for the cabinet doors, they are mainly thermofoil matte white with a rounded profile except for 2 which are hi-gloss black. Total price for cabinetry alone is almost RM10K. The Corian solid surface countertop costs the most - at RM220 per foot run. I will be ordering glass backsplash from Glasskote - approximate cost RM2500. 

There are also additional charges for installation of the undermount sinks - RM250 each. Oven installation costs RM40 and the hobs, RM50. My initial budget for the kitchen was RM40K but I am revising it to RM50K. This is for the cabinetry for the kitchen, accessories and electrical appliances.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!