August 08, 2010

Designer Cooker Hoods

I've been scouting around for the perfect cooker hood for my kitchen. No more canopy or slim-line hoods with recycled air for me - those do not work at all. Extraction hoods are the way to go. I don't fancy those with a chimney or funnel shape but what caught my eye was this design - wall-mounted with perimetric extraction. Looks futuristic and modern!

There are a few brands selling this particular design:

Baumatic Dance Partner Hood RRP: RM4999

Teka DV80 Stainless Steel RRP: RM6800


Fagor 3CFT-TILE RRP : RM4999


Lebensstil Kollektion LKCH 9300 : RRP is RM3599

My choice was the Lebensstil Kollektion hood as the price is lowest as the product is locally assembled in Malaysia (parts are from Germany). Fagor's hood is assembled in China but parts are from Spain. Another important factor that I connsidered was the suction power and Lebensstil's hood suction power is 1300m3/h which is also the highest. So I decided to not partition my kitchen into wet and dry.

The hood is made from black tempered glass which makes it easy to clean compared to stainless steel which requires special cleaning agents. The filters are quite the same in all the above models. Easy cleaning too - just soak them in warm soapy water or put them in the dishwasher. All the hoods also have touch control panels & LED lights for ease of use. 

I bought the hood from Benova during the Reno Expo 2010 for a special price! The promotion price was RM3100 inclusive of FREE installation/ducting. I decided to top up my order with a built-in oven from Lebensstil also and received an additional 5% off my purchase! More about the oven in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!