January 17, 2011

Downlights


Spent over RM2000 for just lighting up the entire condo! It's mainly downlights. A downlight set consists of the casing, reflector and hooks.... plus the energy saving bulb.

The one pictured above and below is for the living room, dining room, kitchen and corridor - all common areas. The diameter is 4". Bought a total of 14 sets from Seng Hup Lighting for RM11 per set excluding the bulb.

I prefer round downlights rather than the squarish ones which I think look very boxy. What I like about this downlight is the reflector which is matte. Most other downlight reflectors are very glossy/shiny. As for the bulb, I bought Aletko bulbs 18W cool daylight  at RM15. Aletko bulbs are made in Malaysia and has a 6 months warranty.



As for the downlights for the bedrooms, I used 4" round metallic silver downlight with frosted glass casing to reduce glare. Cost = RM19.50 per set including GE 18W bulb. Bought from Perfect Lighting at Damansara Uptown which has an entire row of lighting shops facing the highway.  I purchased smaller downlights for the master bath and ensuite bath. Only 3.5" but metallic finish. Price : RM7.80 per set from Cima Lighting, PJ. Due to the size, the type of bulb that is suitable is also different. I bought Hitachi's spiral bulb 14W as it's short enough to fit into the casing. As for the powder room and the spare bathroom, I purchased 4" downlight casing with 18W Phillips bulbs.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!