February 07, 2011

Curtains and Blinds

My ID gave me 2 contacts for the curtains/blinds. The first one I contacted was Mr Chai of Asia Wallpaper in Cheras. We met up and he showed me samples of the curtains and did the site measurement. The other lady I contacted was Mrs Ang but the price quotation she gave me was out of my budget. She was very persuasive and pushy... and I didn't like that one bit. So, I decided on Asia Wallpaper and total was RM3500 after discount. Mr Chai was very professional and very precise and reliable.

Bamboo blinds for the yard - more for privacy - no need to shield from rain or shine. So I chose the cheapest one available.

Roller blinds - silver grey. Black-out material and easy-care.

Same roller blinds as above here. Black-out blinds means that no light can pass through.

Black-out curtains with single aluminium track and french pleats plus curtain tie-backs. So not in love with the curtain tie-backs as they are very antique looking and bronze in color with a rose motive. 

The living room curtains go up all the way to the ceiling and the curtain tracks and pleats are hidden by the pelmet of the plaster ceiling giving it a clean minimalist look. Be prepared to pay more for this! There are 2 curtain layers, one is solid silver with wavy lines and the other is sheer white. Double aluminium tracks used here and curtain tie-backs. Length of the curtains are slightly shorter so that it will not be 'sweeping' the floor.

Approx cost breakdown :
Bamboo blinds: RM150
Blinds in rooms : RM250 each - RM500 total
Master Bedroom : RM850
Living Room : RM2000

1 comment:

  1. Hi, your hse looks so nice. can i know how much the feature wall cost?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!