February 06, 2011

Kids Bedroom

Initial stage of the installation procedure for the children's bedroom.

Lots of spray paint used here - hence the newspapers. Even then my solid timber flooring is covered with fine drops of white paint. 5 layers of spray paint done in 2 separate times. Here are the finished results..... lots of mistakes here and there which will only be rectified after the Chinese New Year break.

Window bench with 3 drawers. My ID initially set the depth of the bench as 60cm. I commented that it was too deep and requested it to be shortened to 40cm but seems like the correction did not get through to the carpenters. The bench was completed with a depth of 60cm much to my dismay.  However, this mistake was easily rectified and was done within a few hours. Even then, the depth of the bench is now 44cm. Well, at least we can now easily open and close the window above it.

Another mistake here is the cabinet on the upper right corner in the photo above. It's supposed to be open shelves but there are orange swing doors placed there. I've requested that the doors be removed but my ID says it's better with the doors. So, I've decided to accept the doors but the color has to be white instead of orange.

More mistakes here.... the walk-in wardrobe with the orange doors..... was wrongly done. Right now, I cannot walk into the wardrobe because of insufficient depth. The depth of the wardrobe is supposed to be 100cm (same as the width of the bed) but now it's only 65cm. It's only functioning as a sliding wardrobe now. Can't access the right side of the wardrobe easily. Another mistake here was the sliding doors. It's just supposed to be a single sliding door instead of 2 sliding doors as photographed. As for the cupboard beside the wardrobe, it's only supposed to have 2 doors - and not 4 doors as photographed. I've also requested my ID to change the depth of the cabinet to 40cm instead of 35cm. Somehow the dimensions were all wrongly done and I had to ask the carpenters to remove the semi-circular display shelves on the right of the cupboard as they extend too near the door.

Another mistake that I would like to highlight here is the orange sliding door above the single bed. It was wrongly done as a swing door. Actually it's supposed to be open shelving and a single sliding door. I have to also mention that the orange doors on the left of the bed are also wrongly installed. Instead of opening to the right, it opens to the left - most inconvenient.

This is the pull-out bed with castors. Can be placed anywhere in the room. I hope the rectification process will not take too much time and can be done by end of February.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!