August 26, 2010

Choosing an Interior Designer

A well designed home is a good investment if there are plans to let out the unit plus it can fetch a higher price when sold. With this in mind, I decided to engage an interior designer to handle the renovation works on my condo unit.

I went to Beverly Home at Mid Valley Megamall for a quote. The junior designer there prepared the quote for me within 3 days - impressive but there was no explanation on what was quoted and the pricing. I also met up with 2 other designers - one from Eleveneighteen and the other Desigva. Both came up with very good proposals and quotes that hubby and I had a long and tiring time deciding on whom to appoint. 

The many factors that we took into consideration
1) Price
2) Qualification 
3) Design
4) Professionalism
5) Interest & Enthusiasm
6) Company profile
7) Easy to communicate
8) Pleasant personality

Appointed senior designer from Desigva Design.
Upon appointment, RM12K is paid as designer professional fee. This fee will be waived once the contract is confirmed.

3 comments:

  1. Despite whatever branding, "Bangsar South" is still and will be Kampung Kerinci. Why spend so much I do not understand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Acacia @ The Park ResidencesOctober 29, 2010 at 5:00 PM

    The location is just perfect for me and my family.
    Anyway, only time will tell whether Bangsar South will make the cut or not. I have a feeling it will.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. Just wish to know some feedback about the interior designers that you have met so far including Beverly homes etc. I know that desigva didn't complete your house 100% but besides that, are you satisfied with their services and personality? Thanks

    You can tell me in email : yukychan@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!